use groups in VOP

Hi everybody!

trying to use my groups in vop with the "in group" node, but it returns always zero value...

no prob to create groups, but impossible to use them after...

I can see the groups when i MMB my node in the vop...I know that i can apply my vop (attribute binding tab) to a specified group

but for more flexibility i need to work in only one vop node with all my groups 

i join my test file and hope somebody can help me!

thanks by advance

Best regards

CREATE-USE-VOP-GROUP.hip

hi Anim!!

thanks a lot for the solution, it was not so obvious for me...and i dont really understand why the file name need to be connected to the first input of global...

could you explain that to me???

this said, i realy preffer the bind way to import!!! simple and straight forward

thanks again for your quick answer

cheers

it's like with a lot of geometry functions, you simply need to specify which geometry to work on 

this gives you the ability to check membership of any point to any group within any geometry instead of always assuming that you want to check current point on first input geometry as Bind does

so Filename is geometry you want to sample, being it actual path to geometry file on disk or just handle of input geometry using OpInputn  from Geometryvoplobal

• Like 1