Flip Fluid center point collision

amination

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to achieve a fluid effect to simply drop a melted cube inside a container and it splashes, hit the walls and wave back to the center of container, when the fluid gathers back to center it creates second splash by colliding to itself.

I couldn't find any videos regarding this matter but the closes I could find is this:

However, keep in mind the container is empty, I'm not referring to surface tension collision but simply fluid gather back to center and collide. I have to get this done ASAP. Anyone knows anyway of faking it too? Maybe create a secondary emitter that just simply pops up like a foundation and gives the effect we're looking for.

Thanks a lot!

Sure. Simply drop a fluid box, sphere or whatever you'd prefer yourself in the center of a fluid container. This drop collides with the floor (impact) and once so the fluid shifts away from the center of container to the corners/sides of the container and basically crawl up the walls or so. Due to the gravity in scene, the fluid slide down the walls and goes back to the impact origin. When it does we want to make the fluid collide with itself and create a big splash right in the center.

It's actually a very simple drop fluid in container method, like old days. Nothing complicated at all.

I just haven't used Houdini and Realflow for few years now. I see several new things here too, so quickly learning this and achieve it asap and pass it along.

Yes, sure! Wow, that's awesome! Would you also tell me how I can make the simulation faster and mesh it smoothly? I remember we used to mesh particles with Particle Fluid Surface, I noticed there is a new method now.

Also I'm using Houdini 13 at the moment. I'd very much appreciate it with you walk me through on what has changed to achieve it or simply guide me.

Thanks a lot!

dropSplash.hip

This is a great link showing the VDB meshing process:

http://forums.odforce.net/topic/21645-vdb-fluid-meshing-smooth-workflow-with-vdb-masks/page-2

And this is a link with great hip files showcasing a similar FX to what you are doing:

http://forums.odforce.net/topic/22272-how-to-emit-additional-small-droplets-from-a-water-drop-crown-splash/

I'll try to look at your file if I get the time

[Delete]

Frame > 5 == (Vel == 0)

That still didn't work, and neither

Vel == 0

It removed both emitter particles and flip tank.

Forgive a bit of lack of knowledge, just refreshing my memory on these stuff and VDB meshing is awesome!

Edited by amination

($F >5) && (length(v) < 0.01)

you need some basic houdini knowledge before jumping into complicated stuff, or else you will get more plroblems down the road that could have been avoided by simple work methodology...

[Delete]

Frame > 5 == (Vel == 0)

That still didn't work, and neither

Vel == 0

It removed both emitter particles and flip tank.

Forgive a bit of lack of knowledge, just refreshing my memory on these stuff and VDB meshing is awesome!

Edited by cojoMan