Sign in to follow this  
Atom

[SOLVED]Agent Loses Texture After Populate

Hi All,

I have an agent that is fully textured. I want to use the agent in a sim. When I click the Populate tool from the crowd shelf I do get new copies of my agent but they have no texture.

How do I migrate my previous material/texture from my original agent to all the copies in the sim?

Is there some extra step I need to do during agent baking to insure my materials will appear in the sim?

NOTE: My agent is made up of two sperate objects each with their own material/texture map.

post-12295-0-34660900-1441903530_thumb.j

Edited by Atom

The easy way is to assign the material to the object containing the agents.

Is that just typically the crowd_source node?

Yep, in the default setup, that would be in the Material parameter on the /obj/crowdsource node.

and how to asign random texture to default houdini agent?

Edited by mosy252

That can be done by assigning a Material Style Sheet text box to the node where the material resides (you must edit the parameter interface to do this). Then you can "override" the single material with other materials or modify specific parameters of the base material based upon the agents count or group participation. Not totally random but if you extend the JSON deffinition of the stylesheet to include many, many changes it can give the appearance of random colors.

Example: Swap the diffuse bit map of a Mantra Surface with another texture only for agents in the redgents group.

{
    "styles": [
    {
        "target" : {"group":"redagents"},
        "overrides" : {"materialParameters":{"baseColorMap":"$HIP/textures/rock_golem/forest-monster-skin_red.png"}}
     }   
    ]
}
Edited by Atom