Texture info from closest surface project on Point's Cd

Chungz

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to get my point's cd from a mesh with texture.

I seen alot of method around that are using attribute promotes from vertex UV to points UV.

However the UV I promoted are slightly off.

I wonder if there's any way that I can use a vop to get closest surface texture's color info and project them to my point cd?

Very much thanks and appreciate any help from you guys.

I have attrached my file.
texPoinntTex002.hip

and the obj file (testAlembicCon.hip), just have to change the extension to.obj will do.

texPointTex002.hip

testAlembicCon.hip

Use a Ray sop set to Minimum Distance and pull the uv attribute from your mesh, you can then use this to do a texture lookup in Vops. You can do it all in Vops if you wish, the XYZDist node will give you the nearest primitive and the parametric uv on that face, you can plug that data into a Primitive Attribute vop and pull uv from your mesh that way. 

transfer_texture.hip

Edited by tjeeds
  • Like 1

Use a Ray sop set to Minimum Distance and pull the uv attribute from your mesh, you can then use this to do a texture lookup in Vops. You can do it all in Vops if you wish, the XYZDist node will give you the nearest primitive and the parametric uv on that face, you can plug that data into a Primitive Attribute vop and pull uv from your mesh that way. 

Hi tjeeds,

The second vop with the XYZdist node really did the trick there.

Thanks alot, didn't figure out that node before, I thought that might need some calculation on query surface color info with distance to the point and reproject to the point color.

Some how it can be done within few nodes.

Thanks again. 

Trying to get high resolution texture project back to my fluid mesh now. currently seems a little low resolution.