point instancing with a high pointcount, ways to load delayed

hey

I need to instance geo on to points, no big deal, as I could and usually do use the instance sop for the extra benefits that packed prims bring to the game. 

Generating points, adding the instancepath attribute, writing those out and loading them in again with a delayed load procedural. very convenient and easy on the ifd size.

But there is a catch when using some 10 million points. As the instance sop is nothing then a copy sop with stamping switched on. The processing of those points takes ages.

I could use the point instance procedural, but then I need to export those high point counts into the ifd, which is taking a lot of time and eating up network resources due the huge file size.

Kinda senseless as those points are already cached out to disk.

That brings me to delayed load point instancing. I found this: http://www.peterclaes.be/blog/?p=151but I have difficulties to get that thing compiled for H15.

I filed an RFE for load from disk Point replicate procedural couple weeks ago, will do the same for that too. But I need that working asap.

Any ideas how to tackle that?

Thanks in advance

-Sebastian

Do not see anything attached, where should I look?

What I do is use scatter inside Instance SOP and than at object level you just choose what object you want to scatter, or control that by using instance point attribute. I think that is most efficient way. You also can use delayed load with this.