how to group some RBD obj in dops to apply different force

Baram

Hi Friends,

I have a problem.I have searched but could not find any topic related this subject.

I am doing some wall destruction, how to group some RBD obj inside dops to apply different force or reduce force from selected pieces, I can do group for some pieces inside dops?

Thanks for your help?

B,

Hi,

if you are using packed primitives then you can use POP nodes. POP nodes have Use VEXpression option. There you can specify which packed geometry is affected by POP node. You can use drop down menu item Pass Through which is next to your VEX code to show available variables.

And then define there your criteria.

if (@group_affected) force = 1; // apply force only to pieces that belong to "affected" group
else force = 0; // skip other pieces

if (v@P.y > 2) ... // apply force only to pieces that are above 2 units in Y axis

if (length(v@v) > 2) ... // apply force only to pieces that are faster then 2 units per second

Juraj

I have one one RBD packed object in dop, I want to create couple groups in sop level, how can I bring these groups to DOP, than I can apply different force for each groups.

If you do guys with example hip file would be great, thanks

B,

Hey Juraj,

I have a probelm, I want select some pieces from animated geo at sop lavel, I am making group for those pieces, how can I bring them in to dopRBD sim.

if you have time please get back to me, 

Thanks

B,

• 2 weeks later...