[SOLVED]Buckshot Smoke Trail?

Atom

Hi All,

I have this scene where I want to leave a trail of smoke behind some particles.

While the particles do make an impression in the volume at their specific location I get no trails? It seems like the volume is getting cleared on every frame.

How do I get my particles to leave smoke trails whose density (velocity?) ages as the particle ages?

post-12295-0-75575900-1457539248_thumb.j

ap_buckshot_smoke_trail.hipnc

Edited by Atom

in the source you are using copy, this replaces the values, you have to use something like maximun or add in order to update the simulation field.

you are merging the 2 sims with mutual, why? I would fo 2 separate dops, one for particles, convert to source volume, and then another dop just for smoke. This way is less convoluted and clearer. and you don't need to resim the particles each time.

I think I came up with a possible solution that fits my current needs. Inspired by Nico D's suggestion.

By creating two volumes from the particle source, instead of the tool shelf default of one, I can use the second volume for velocity to move the interior around via the Velocity Update input of the pyrosolver1 while the original volume still contains the fuel.

Now I can shoot particles around and fuel will only be made when the particles are alive.

ap_buckshot_particle_trails_2a.hipnc

post-12295-0-03343900-1457808455_thumb.j

Edited by Atom