Farmfield

Delete DOP

How would you do a delete on everything = y<0? Tried to figure it out but $TY, $ty, @P.y, none works in the expressions...

Hi,

what kind of objects do you mean? If it is packed RBDs/POPs, then geometry wrangle dop with removepoint() function should work well.

Juraj

Tnx Juraj, this isn't really for me, I know there's a lot of different ways to delete geometry in DOP's, but I got the question about the delete DOP and I tried to figure out how it works but nothing I tried worked. So this is specifically about the delete DOP and this was using unpacked objects.

Personally, looking into the documentation finding things there that didn't work with it in H15, I suspect it's semi deprecated... 

Edited by Farmfield

you can put * in Object Group 0 field to delete all objects that have Activation 1

then put object dependent expression in Activation parm like:

dopoption($DOPNET, $OBJID, "Position", "ty")+dopoption($DOPNET, $OBJID, "Position", "py")<0

or you can use Group DOP to create group of objects based on some similar expression and then use Delete DOP to delete just that group. Same result, just with extra step

Tomas

It's become pretty obvious I'm just not well enough read up on how objects are handled in DOP's in regard to writing an expression like that, but now I at least know what I need to read up on. :D