fetch chop

Hiya,

I can't seem to get the fetch chop to import channels for the whole animation range. That seems odd.

The object chop can do it, but that has only a limited number of channels to import (transformation). I definitely like the select options of the fetch chop: all, created or non-constant, but importing say "bank" only gives a constant channel allthough it's animated at object level (of a camera).

D.

yeah, have to answer my own question again: fetch chop does work for keyframed channels, but not for expressions; I had sin($F) in the bank parameter. That's a pity actually because I was looking for a universal way to export objects. Now I first have to check whether there is an expression and do those separately. Or has anybody a better idea?

D.

Bit of a pain, but have you tried using the record chop after the fetch chop, that should let you grab the values for the whole animation.

16574[/snapback]

Interesting, don't know what record does. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks.

It's a funny little chop, gets you out of a spot sometimes. Don't know how well it will fit into a script. Basically you turn it on and play the animation through, any values that go into it get recorded and you end up with a graph that varies correctly over time.

When you type sin($F) in a parameter, it actually creates a key at frame 1.

The problem is that the Fetch CHOP only looks at that 1 key and so only brings in the data from it. You can workaround the problem by keying the last frame on your sin($F) channel.

On the 'Channel' page of the Fetch CHOP, there's a parm named 'Channel Range'. Set this to "Use Start/End", and enter the Start & End range of your animation (by default, in seconds; Common page - Units parm to change to frames). This will fetch that range instead of the one frame the expression happens to be at.