Python install version?

Adam Ferestad

I am trying to install some libraries to the python install for Houdini and it is arguing with me.  Specifically, I am trying to use SciPi and sklearn to do some interpolation for me, but I cannot seem to get them to work.  The version of python (2.7.5) that comes installed with Houdini is too old to use pip to install the wheels I have for the 2.7 version of the libraries and when I try to update to 2.7.11 it broke in Houdini, which is prompting me to uninstall Houdini as a whole and reload it.  This would all be able to be resolved if I could make Houdini use the system install of python 3.4 or 3.5 that I usually develop in.  I tried copying the install of 3.5 over and targeting it with the HOUDINI_PYTHON_VERSION environment variable, but that didn't do anything.  It still used 2.7, so I updated that version with the MSI installer, and it broke my help documentation.  I cannot be the only one who is trying to use these libraries in their code?  I suppose I could write a separate program in 3.5 to process my information, but it is just not as clean as having it all execute from inside Houdini.  This is for a project that I am needing to get done, so if I don't get a solution this weekend, I will just write it as an independent program.

i used anaconda and created a python2 environment for houdini, http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html

but the download libraries  were for py 2.7.11 :wacko: 

some of the scipy functions working, some of them dont, scikit-learn crashes 

can i update the pre-installed libraries  ? or pointing to a other "lib/site-packages" path 

Edited by deniz

• 1 year later...