store colour data from multiple lines (csv file)

I have a simple line node, with 3 coloured square polygons which sit randomly along the line. 
I want to be able to store/collect the data for the line so it reads:
line0 = red,green,purple

going forward i will have many lines with a maximum of 4 different types of colours intersecting eachline
e.g.
line 1 = red,blue
line 2 =green,red,blue,purple
line 3 = green,blue
etc
it would be good to store this data as a csv file to open in excel 

any help would be much appreciated

1.JPG

LINECDINTERSECTIONS.hipnc

Edited by atron

I'm a bit unclear which way you want this to happen. Do you want to

a ) have a csv file with the color data, and then build a scene in Houdini according to the file, or

b ) you will have a Houdini scene with a lot of lines and polygons, and you want to resolve the intersections and write them out?

so maybe this image will help, sorry i'm pretty new in houdini. The image shows a series of lines with  nodes intersecting them. Ideally what i would want to do is group the lines with the nodes that intersect them. The nodes at the moment are just cubes, but there will be 4 different types (which i thought could be colour coded to distinguish them) arrayed across these lines equidistantly.

So ultimately i want to group each line so that i can say for example:

for line 1 the nodes that occur on it are: nodetype1,nodetype2 

for line 2:nodetype1,nodetype2,nodetype3

sorry if this is still unclear

2.JPG

• 4 years later...

hey guys i have an excel file with values, its a data of color values and I wanted to build a scene in houdini with the csv node. so i have imported the data in houdini via csv node. but, i dont know how to use it further. all i wanted to do is control those values manually rather than using with a noise node. as noise node does things randomly i wanted a control the color values i choose . 

Hey thankyou so much you noticed grandmaster! this is the radiation mesh and excel file with values and I wanted to make changes in the attribute vop based on certain red colour values. As currently I am using noise node and the result will be controlled based on noise node, however i wanted to change it based on the color values.  Can you please help me having a look at this file?

final_geo_radiation.csv

final_geo.stl

ADDnoteattrib.hipnc