Controlling active value with paint colors

Hello guys,
I'm trying to control an active value node using color point coming from a paint node. I'd like to divide active and passive objects using the painted points. I used a paint node after a voronoi fracture to paint white color on some of the faces of a torus. Now I would like to access the color values inside the “Active” parameter of the active value node but I can't figure out the correct syntax to achieve this. The tutorial I'm following (Digital Tutors controlling fracture) is about H12 and I think something has changed in syntax because many things don't work. Anyone can help ?
Thank you

Ray

active.jpg

Thank you, I opened it, it's very complicated for me but very interesting I'm going to study it in detail.

I saw you didn't use the active value node, I guess it's not the best workflow isn't it ?

Thank you :)

Edited by madrenderman

1 hour ago, madrenderman said:

Thank you, I opened it, it's very complicated for me but very interesting I'm going to study it in detail.

I saw you didn't use the active value node, I guess it's not the best workflow isn't it ?

Thank you :)

a couple months later you will be laughing at that)