another pyro question

wodH

Can someone tell me why often in time people will like to separate out density, temp, vel and merge it back in the smoke object in pyro ( under the initial data as: density SOP path, temp SOP path...ect)
instead of that, we can put multiple source volume node to input different channel as well.

What is the main different here? All I know is putting those SOP path makes it last longer in the sim, thinking like as if you want to have a shape of a box being evaporate then we will use that and if we are using any of the initial data we will most likely not wanting to put down the Source volume node where this is constantly pumping stuff into the sim. 

In addition, to do any of explosion sim, is the best not to put fuel data as any initial SOP path since those will stay quiet a while if you are sourcing the fuel on your Source Volume already. In render you will have a constant light area where is being burn even your explosion has already occured and about to finish.

Please correct me if im wrong.

pyroInitial.JPG

pyroSource.JPG

Not sure of other peoples workflows but I only ever set the 'Initial Data' paths if I have cached some preroll and want to use that as my initial state. Or if I am continuing a sim that either needs to be extended or the cache is coming from a previous sim. 

I use the 'Source Volume' for all in simulation sourcing though.

1 hour ago, Malf said:

Not sure of other peoples workflows but I only ever set the 'Initial Data' paths if I have cached some preroll and want to use that as my initial state. Or if I am continuing a sim that either needs to be extended or the cache is coming from a previous sim. 

I use the 'Source Volume' for all in simulation sourcing though.

Hey Malf,

Thanks for the reply, yeh.. if I find out what the purpose of using those I will let you know.