Exclude Object Export from POPNET, which is connected to input 1(2nd input).

Hi,

I used a popvop for some task in my popnet and connected the geometry to my 2nd input in popnet node, Everything works fine but the geometry that I have connected to the 2nd input also gets exported out. But I don't want the geometry to be exported, I only want the particles to be exported.

So, Please can you help me with a solution on how to exclude or delete the object so that only the particles from the popnet gets exported.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, 3dome said:

if you talk about the output of the popnet itself look under its object merge tab. The star in the object fields means all. so specify the geo you want there

Hi, Thanks for you help, but I am unable to exclude the geometry. I have attached a pic, please can you suggest me a more detailed solution?

odforce.PNG

As Dominik suggested, just exclude the object in your popnet node under the "Object merge" Tab.  The asterisk exports all your inputs. You could either only export your "popobject" or exclude your collision geometry. For the single export replace the asterisk with "popobject". For the exclude keep the asterisk and add your collision object with a "^"(example: * ^staticobject1).

exludeObjectFromPopnet.JPG

• Like 2

Yeah Dennis just provided you with a more detailed version of what I said.

Any "object" you put down in a dopnet (rbd object, wire object, pop object, static object, etc..) will be merged from dop land back to sop land by the dopnet via the Object Merge Tab. If you don't want/need all your dop objects back in sops, you can specify the ones you want/need in that object merge tab.

You can even get only specific data from the dop objects, like data x from popobject, data y from staticobject and data x + data z from dop_object_name

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DennisSchmidt said:

As Dominik suggested, just exclude the object in your popnet node under the "Object merge" Tab.  The asterisk exports all your inputs. You could either only export your "popobject" or exclude your collision geometry. For the single export replace the asterisk with "popobject". For the exclude keep the asterisk and add your collision object with a "^"(example: * ^staticobject1).

exludeObjectFromPopnet.JPG

8 hours ago, 3dome said:

Yeah Dennis just provided you with a more detailed version of what I said.

Any "object" you put down in a dopnet (rbd object, wire object, pop object, static object, etc..) will be merged from dop land back to sop land by the dopnet via the Object Merge Tab. If you don't want/need all your dop objects back in sops, you can specify the ones you want/need in that object merge tab.

You can even get only specific data from the dop objects, like data x from popobject, data y from staticobject and data x + data z from dop_object_name

Thank you so much..This totally worked.. :) You guys are great.