Attract to Target Challenges

Navneet Arora

Hey guys,

So i am attempting an attraction and formation effect once again, but stuck in between.

So let me get this started, 

Suppose there are certain points scattered on  a plane surface and they all have same facing direction. Now they need to attract to a target object and lock to the position and deform according to the movement of target object. They should orient according to the normals of the target object and should slide over the surface of the object as soon as they reach near to the target.

I have scattered same number of points on the surface and target objects in order to match perfectly and am able to drive those particles towards the target object and lock them onto their respective ids. But the thing is i am not able to slide over the surface according to orientation of target object and not able to blend the orientation. As soon as i add pop spin or torque my orientation goes for a toss as it doesnt match to the target objects orientation. So i need to blend the orientation when they are near to their target ids and when they are finding it.

Then i need to drive these as rigid bodies so that they do not penetrate when they stick to their targets so thats another issue. So there are couple of issues i am stuck with and need to sort out one by one.

If someone could help me with this it would be great, I will try and post a hip file meanwhile if i can.

Edited by Navneet Arora