Math in Houdini FX VOL 2 Physical Parameters Tutorials

hossam01983

Hello Everyone,

http://www.hossamfx.org/math-in-houdini-vol2/

Hello Everyone,

Description: In volume two of Math in Houdini training. We will continue exploring the big role of math in creating visual effects and controlling the simulation behavior and this time we will move to more advanced concepts and provide cool projectsI will explain one of most important physical parameter: the gradient. And show you how to use it in rigging and collision and give you wide idea about using gradient in different operations in Houdini also We will go indepth with matrices and learn cool techniques using the matrix: it is the “Frame of Reference” you must know this magic secret about matrix. If you have many questions about Quaternion parameter, So we will dive into this concept and answer all questions with cool projects and we will see how to create quaternion field to effectparticles motion and if you don’t know what is the Vector 4, we will have cool project about using vector 4 inside the wire solver dynamicsAnd I will show you how it to build your own cloth simulation from scratch, this part will give wide idea about how the dynamic solvers work and what is the constraint , gravity , and how the collision is calculated ….. and many other math topics. Thank you.

Lesson plan

WHAT IS THE GRADIENT, AND FOR WHAT !!!

all dynamic solvers use Gradient and normal and velocity and collision calculations, all this Physical Parameters use Gradient, you absolutely Know what is the Gradient !!! ? 

1.    Gradient & Slope Relationship– Are there any relationship  between   it?

2.    It can create Normal – slope can create normal, how?

3.    Speed and Velocity calculates –it is awesome how slope can  calculates speed for everything.

4.    Slope & Dot product in Rigging – No more tutorials about how to       Rig the wheel.

5.    Gradient of surface – Slope can create Gradient 2D field.

MATRIX IN DEPTH !!! 

we will start by talking about for what we need matrix and next it will be more clear how it is easy to use matrix, and Frame of Reference is strong concept that you must have idea on how to use.

6.    Why we created the Matrices – to understand matrices I must  know for what it was created.

7.    Recreating the Matrix – Now we will see how it is more easy with  Matrices.

8.    Frame of Reference – it is cool Concept you must know how to  use with matrices.

QUATERNION, NO MORE QUESTIONS ???

you don't know any thing about quaternion!  you will know every thing about it, for what, when to use, how to control and how to build field of quaternion to advect particles.

9.    What is the Quaternion – You will Have depth understand of this  Scary parameter.

10.    Quaternion Field part 1 – Quaternion inside Dynamics can create  awesome animation in Particles.

11.    Quaternion Field part 2 –How to Keep Particles inside defiened  Volume using quaternion attribut

VECTOR 4 IS A QUATERNION, ... !!!

the orient attribute in the Wire solver is very important and you must know how it work, in this project we will manipulate this Attribute to create procedural dynamic animation.

12.    Quaternion & Wire Solver – Big role of Quaternion in wire object.

13.    Feelers & Quaternion part 1 –Feelers of insects moving around all  the time, we will simulate this motion with quaternion.

14.    Feelers & Quaternion part 2 –How to control the physical  parameters of feelers to get nice real motion.

SIMULATION CODE & COLLISION

it is very important to get depth understand of how the Dynamic solvers work, we will see how we can build cloth simulation and add collision to this simulation using the Point VOP and Sop Solver.

15.    Apply Gravity –Without any dynamics solvers, we will create our  solver and start by adding gravity force to objects using the point vop  and sop solver.

16.    Create Cloth Force – Define the force spring between cloth  object points and create pin constraint for new solver.

17.    Gradient & Collision –Gradient of Volume is the way to create  collision between objects.

ِAll Content With Project Files .

Full information Here

Edited by hossam01983
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, hossam01983 said:

Hello Everyone,

https://vimeo.com/180550157

DescriptionIn volume two of Math in Houdini FX training. We will continue exploring the big role of math in creating visual effects and controlling the simulation behavior but this time we will move to more advanced concepts and provide more examples and create cool projects. I will explain one of most important physical parameter: thegradient. And show you how to use it in rigging and collision and calculation also we will go in depth with matrices and learn cool techniques using the matrix. Quaternion parameter is in our list and we will see how to create quaternion field to effect particles motion and how to use the quaternion inside the wire solver dynamics with another project. And I will show you how it to build your own cloth simulation using the Vop network and how to add gravity force, collision and pin constraints to points.

Full information Here

Hello Sir,

I am really interested in the first volume of the math lesson that you had launched earlier but I am having a hard time keeping up with your accent, I request you to kindly build a subtitle file for your tutorial volume 1 so that I can purchase your lessons soon. 

4 hours ago, cgartashish said:

Hello Sir,

I am really interested in the first volume of the math lesson that you had launched earlier but I am having a hard time keeping up with your accent, I request you to kindly build a subtitle file for your tutorial volume 1 so that I can purchase your lessons soon. 

Hello :

really i am not planning to create a subtitles for first math vol, as i don't have enough time, but i will keep this in mind for future. i focus on improve my english now to be easy understand for various  nations .

thanks .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hossam01983 said:

Hello :

really i am not planning to create a subtitles for first math vol, as i don't have enough time, but i will keep this in mind for future. i focus on improve my english now to be easy understand for various  nations .

thanks .

Thanks, but I do hope that you will provide us with the subtitles and enable us to purchase the tutorial pack. You can assign somebody to make a subtitle file, just a suggestion.

Thanks again. :)

18 hours ago, cgartashish said:

Thanks, but I do hope that you will provide us with the subtitles and enable us to purchase the tutorial pack. You can assign somebody to make a subtitle file, just a suggestion.

Thanks again. :)

I will try ASAP to create Subtitles , .....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello Hossam Aldin,

I was following your lesson on wire/orient but it seems I get no respond from dops even if on dopgeometry spreadsheet numbers updates every frame.

I'm on indie 15.5

if you would be so kind to take a look on my setup I had attached

thanks

wireOrient.hiplc

• 3 months later...