michaelpetty

Fuel is trailing behind pyro

Hello all,

Currently I'm working on a project where I am lighting the back of a train on fire.  The geometry for the train is tracked from footage, so it is moving through 3D space.

My current problem I can't figure out is that the fuel I created is leaving behind this long trail that slowly dissipates. This is causing these streaks of fire to appear behind the train in my renders.

I tried advecting fuel and raising the flame contribution and just changing all the settings around. But most of the time when I try this method, there is little to no burn occurring.  I also tried doing a sim with the bounding box clamped on to the back of the source so it won't trail.  Then isolating the fuel and 'copy'ing it into the real sim.

The first image is the shape of the fuel source. The second image is what the fuel trailing looks like after the train started moving.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 12.44.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 12.45.07 AM.png

Try

Simulation Tab - Cooling Rate = 1

Combustion Tab - Fuel Inefficiency = 0

12 minutes ago, Yon Anadeyo said:

Try

Simulation Tab - Cooling Rate = 1

Combustion Tab - Fuel Inefficiency = 0

no good, the fuel still reacts the same way

try it on a new default pyrosolver , no gas release or Advect fuel. other then that I would need a hip

10 minutes ago, Yon Anadeyo said:

try it on a new default pyrosolver , no gas release or Advect fuel. other then that I would need a hip

yeah.. still can't get it to work. I'll attach the hip file, but there are a couple of caches needed. If i was to attach those it would be about 2gb.  The way the hip file is set up is back to when i did a render, before changing things around.

train_fire.hipnc