how to correct particle axes

Baram

Hi there,

I am trying lots of papers dragging along the ground by wind(force), how to keep papers always parallel to ground, like papers spinning on the air when the landed to ground papers should lie on the ground, I could not figure out the how to correct axes, this is particle aproche 

Thank in advance,

Baram

Thanks Atom,

It si not really what I am looking for, in this case all particles oriented to same axe, which is not natural.

I need when the particles hit to ground should be oriented themselve such as in 5 frame, 

Baram,

Why don't you just let the collision work naturally? Instead of using flat planes/grid, turn your particle object into a very thin box so it has an edge. It is very doubtful that the resulting collision with the ground plane will cause the leaf to stand on edge. More than likely it will fall on the flattest side.

Edited by Atom

Why don't you just let the collision work naturally? Instead of using flat planes/grid, turn your particle object into a very thin box so it has an edge. It is very doubtful that the resulting collision with the ground plane will cause the leaf to stand on edge. More than likely it will fall on the flattest side.

I am not sure I did understand this theory. If I am using pop how would I collide boxes as RBD?

You are correct that copying boxes to POP points, after the fact, will not allow for collision. But you can copy boxes to points and create a rigid body object out of them (I just used the shelf tool) and feed that into a DOPs simulation. (i.e. no POPs at this point) It is a very similar workflow but allows full geometric collision. Compared to POPs I had to crank the wind force very high. In this example it is set to 600.

wind_particle_mask.gif

ap_RBD_leaves_with_wind_mask.hiplc

Edited by Atom