Blend shape with object collapse

Hokmah

I have question and looking for the best solution for this case. In attachment you can see my flipbook of this what I have in my scene. There is object with crack on it which I've did using L-system and then cookie it on the surface and now I would like to get all this pieces behing this crack path to fall down like on this references and get simillar effect. Do you have any idea guys what is the best option to create something like this? 

Here 1:05

Here this effect is in 0:10

testODForce.mp4

Here is an example file I found, a while back, over on SideFX.com forum. The shape of the curve determines the shape of the fracture.

ground_collapse.gif

This file looks close to the top part of the effect shown in the reference video. I think they just put a RBD fracture underneath something like this and then hid that fact with a ton of motion blur.

Here is a link to another example file where pieces actually tumble into the crack.

ap_ground_sinks_down.hiplc

Edited by Atom

13 hours ago, Atom said:

Here is an example file I found, a while back, over on SideFX.com forum. The shape of the curve determines the shape of the fracture.

ground_collapse.gif

This file looks close to the top part of the effect shown in the reference video. I think they just put a RBD fracture underneath something like this and then hid that fact with a ton of motion blur.

Here is a link to another example file where pieces actually tumble into the crack.

ap_ground_sinks_down.hiplc

thank you for your reply Atom. Here is exactly what I'm looking for: Ground CRACK on Vimeo

It start with crack and behind it ground starting falling down and the main problem is how to combine this two effects because now I have crack setup and this crumbling.