inflate cloth?

dyei nightmare

do you know any way to inflate cloth?   there was an aproach in houdini 13 out there,  but the metod doesnt seems to work anymore,  but beyond that,  i dont want files, but an explanation described here,  something with cloth and sopsolver?  any obvious parameter that im missing?  

i think this a very polemic subject

Hi,

You can try to inject some force in the geo normals direction; Also if you want to inject some variation in the inflation, you can use the ratio between each point velocity and the normal + some noise value to increase the ratio.

Hope that this helps,

Cheers!

Alejandro 

1 hour ago, Pazuzu said:

Hi,

You can try to inject some force in the geo normals direction; Also if you want to inject some variation in the inflation, you can use the ratio between each point velocity and the normal + some noise value to increase the ratio.

Hope that this helps,

Cheers!

Alejandro 

ahh i see,  but this would be varying stiffness too?  how could affect a certain value of stiffness on this method?

Edited by dyei nightmare
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dyei nightmare said:

ahh i see,  but this would be varying stiffness too?  how could affect a certain value of stiffness on this method?

Yeah you can even use the ratio as a factor for the stiffness for example, that way the zones with more force will be more deform-able in few words; But as with everything is a matter of testing the best method / technique.

Cheers!

Alejandro