Import HDA/OTL to UE4 not working

JayAims

Hey all,

I am trying to import my OTL into UE4 using 15.5 (NC) using this tutorial here and when i get to the part where i bring the asset into the UE4 project all i get is the Houdini logo in the viewport. I can move the asset around but it never updates to what my asset is (a test building).

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Can you share a simplified version of your tool?

Try making an HDA that is just a box no other frills and see if that works. 

I'm suspecting it might be a license or software version issues. What Houdini and Unreal version are you using? You can try updating to the latest daily/production version of Houdini, albeit their website is down right now.

lol, no I had some version issues.

One thing I noticed when installing the Houdini Engine was that each version of Houdini is compiled against a certain number of Unreal. So I'm on 15.5.632 and it is saying it is compiled for 4.13.1/4.12.0. but the Unreal Engine is 4.14.0 now so I'm betting on that at this point. So you could start installing your version of Houdini and see if the version numbers match with unreal that it was compiled against, and escape out if you are good.

Currently running into this error, which I think is what you are getting, with the logo.

Houdini Installation was not detected.Failed to locate or load libHAPIL.dll. No cooking / instantiation will take place.

ue.png

Your HDA looks fine, and I get the same issues with my box test.

Go to about the time code 1:00 in the video below about installing. I updated to the daily build 15.5.673 which had support for 14.4.0 of UE, like yours.

I got my box asset to work now, attached below, yours didn't seem to boot up, but I'm guessing the type of license you have for houdini is non-commercial based on your .hdanc 

Here is the licensing layering.

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/hengine2.0/_h_a_p_i__licensing.html

Here is a thread on it.

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/39238/

Maybe this is your issue? 

" Is your asset created from Houdini Apprentice? Assets that are created from Apprentice are marked as “non-commercial” assets. And Houdini Engine can only load commercial (Houdini FX) or limited-commercial (Houdini Indie) assets, but not non-commercial. "

If there are multiple people using your computer, or you are on a network. It's possible your license got stomped, too. You can check with hkey, or the Houdini license administrator if there is an issue.

testue.hda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...