vlb6

Hi there,

I'm using houdini indie..

I've built an animated structure and right at the end I have used a Wireframe node to turn to geometry.
I now want to export the whole animation as Alembic using the 'ROP Alembic' node into Cinema 4D, however Cinema crashes upon Import of the Alembic.

I have tried exporting 3 frames and even just 1 frame out of Houdini but the same problem occurs when importing into Cinema

My guess is that the mesh is too big based on the fact that it was heavy to work with in Houdini?
Are there any alternatives?
I don't have Houdini Engine but could this be a potential solution? Does it transfer files in a different way?

Make a simpler example animation and export it as an Alembic. Then try importing that into C4D. This way you can verify at least Cinema4D will read some kind of Alembic exported from Houdini. What if you skip the wire step in Houdini and simply do that inside of Cinema? Or with a material?

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Atom

16 hours ago, Atom said:

Make a simpler example animation and export it as an Alembic. Then try importing that into C4D. This way you can verify at least Cinema4D will read some kind of Alembic exported from Houdini. What if you skip the wire step in Houdini and simply do that inside of Cinema? Or with a material?

Untitled-1.jpg

hi Atom,

reading it again my question was all over the place but thanks for taking the time out to look into that and reply, many thanks!
I have tried your suggestions and no sort of alembic export is coming into cinema.  I imagine Cinema is the problem therefore I am gonna take it to the Cinema forums or elsewhere!

thanks again buddy!