glue network reappears, am i missing a step?

Happy holidays everyone

seen this question here before but tried all the suggestions with no results, I am manually deleting the constraints via attribute transfer. but some of the glue constrains reappear and stops some pieces mid-air. using packed primitives. 

am i missing an option somewhere?

or did I miss a step?

Hi,

just a suggestion: what makes you believe that constraints got recreated? maybe there you some collision volumes that prevent your pieces from moving? have you visualized your collision volumes? Also, it could be that some pieces don't move due to friction (i.e. one piece is stuck between other pieces and due to friction, it cannot move). I would try to simplify the problem until you pinpoint exactly where the problem is :) Finally, there is a Bullet Houdini master class that shows step-by-step how to create/delete constraints network, so maybe you can watch it to double check that all your steps are right...

good luck

was happening to me as well at the beginning. never found out what exactly was causing that but I guess it might have been a messed up name attribute (more than one piece with the same name and one of them with broken constraint = confusion).

also, don't forget to define your constraint types before sending the geo to the dopnet. not having them defined properly will cause errors as well.

like this in attrib wrangle (in case you're not sure how to): 

s@constraint_name = "outerGlue";   // "outerGlue" is the Data name that is looked for by the Glue Constraint Relationship DOP
s@constraint_type = "all";    // "all" says that you want to compute position constraint as well as rotation one

thanks for your help, in the "glue network" node the constraint name is set to Glue and the type to all. when using your wrangle node, the doesn't take into consideration the glue network, and i get a warning on the glue dop node. 

the issue the active points was the radius of the attrib transfer.

well you have to understand that the wrangle and Glue constraint relationship constitutes a pair that works together. wrangle defines the name and the type of the constraint. In Glue constraint relationship you have to point to that name you have defined in the wrangle in order to make it work (bcs dop network needs to know what is the constraint relationship refering to in terms of geometry). The warning you are getting is because your constraint relationship is trying to find data name called "Glue" but in the wrangle I called it "Ground" (on purpose, to pinpoint the issue).