Question about tracking

lazza79

Hi Guys,

I am preparing a new scene in Houdini and I need to track the video first.

I made both reference images and video feed (4K) with my iphone 7 Plus.
Does anybody know what's the sensor size and focal length of both video and photo cam? (the wide one).

I am finding different values on internet and I wonder if anyone has done this before and if anyone knows where to find such information.

Thank you!

Cheers!
Lazza79

P.S.: I already tracked the video but the data came out from the tracking software do not match the data I found on internet 8.03mm focus and 0.95x0.53mm for the video camera. The focal length of the lens (according to the EXIF of the pictures) should be 3.99mm, not 8.03...

Edited by lazza79

You will also have to "un-distort" your image sequence using some kind of lens correction software. Your track might be good, but the Houdini camera produces undistorted output unless you use some kind of lens shader to re-introduce that.

What tracking software are you using?

Edited by Atom

Thank you Atom,

I know I have to undistort the plate, but that's the easy part and the distortion algo is pretty good.

I am using 3DEqualizer to do the track. I used it and tracked several videos before but always using footage from my Canon 60d. This is the first time with iPhone7.

I wanted to use iPhone because the video footage is much much better than my Canon's.