Muscle controls

McNistor

Hey all,

There's something inside a muscle object that got me intrigued.

The selected ctrl null seems to modify a muscle's shape, but there's that line in their viewport display icon that implies that its rotation is meaningful in some way. It doesn't seem to be, so my question is, am I missing something or there's something planned for a future muscle version and that's just waiting there for now?

Michael? :)

muscle_ctrls.jpg

Edited by McNistor

I'm actually anxious to get my paws on that quadruped autorig. I plan to do a deep dive into the new hair system and work on an animal while i'm learning and experimenting. The rig would help me with posing and using an auto-rig instead of a simple skeleton is preferable but not paramount to what I've set myself to achieve.

Any word on when will the quadruped be available - in a future build or major release (or a .5)?

Edited by McNistor

On 2/24/2017 at 5:54 AM, McNistor said:

The selected ctrl null seems to modify a muscle's shape, but there's that line in their viewport display icon that implies that its rotation is meaningful in some way. It doesn't seem to be, so my question is, am I missing something or there's something planned for a future muscle version and that's just waiting there for now?

The future plan is to fix this.  It is indeed a bug.  :P

The 16.0 release version had a line of wrangle code "optimized" away.

The handles are capable of rotating the orientation of the corresponding muscle area.  Not so obvious with a muscle made of perfect spheres, but if non-uniform scaling is applied in the Geometry Tab >Muscle Radius, you can make flat muscle profiles, and twist the face of the muscle geometry with the handle orientation.   -Also applicable to deforming muscles made of custom geometry.

-john

Yes,

As John redirected you, custom muscle shape is possible atm. And i must say it works great.

You don't need to feed all muscles in "Geometry Sources" of Franken muscle, instead point it to your custom geometry, but leave Rig sources from your input muscles. Also switch to "Physical simulation" so you can use collisions, and give it collider.

In this playblast, just sphere behind sternum is collider.

This is just fast test after John explained to me, but start to look decent. I still need to experiment with muscle placement that guide my geometry, number and point deform settings, but i finally got some progress.

Cheers,

V

pectoral.mov