Ocean and Flip

Hi everyone!

I am completely new to Houdini and have a few questions about Ocean and FLIP.

In the attachment you can see a simple “boat” with a FLIP (Guided Ocean Layer) connected to it, combined with a “Small ocean surface” from the shelf.

1. How would I go about blending the FLIP and the Ocean ?

2. The default shader for the FLIP-sim does not seem to have any “foam” on the top of waves/crest like the “surface” does. Adding Whitewater does create “foam” spray around the “boat”, but how would I go about getting foam on the wave-tops/crest of the FLIP-sim ?

Thank you in advance !

help.jpg

10 hours ago, Yon Anadeyo said:

Plug your FLIP mesh in ocean_evalute and export to texture. Make sure your shader is looking up these textures.

Thank You Anadeyo !

I am completely new to Houdini, would you mind posting a "image" of a network view, so I know where to do this ?

It would be greatly appreciated.

hey saetre, this guy will show you around 7:00 mark

when u drop a ocean surface shelf, it will make a ocean_evaluate and ocean_surface node. ocean_evalute outputs a texture map the ocean shader uses. if you want your flip mesh to look like a ocean your mesh needs the attributes ocean_evalute will put on it, and a shader with the baked maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1