Jump to content

Alembic - Face ID Sets exported randomly

Recommended Posts


did anyone experience the same issue?

I imported an Alembic file with different face IDs to Houdini. But when I export it back via Alembic just for testing the ID grouping is basically right, but they don't have the correct order/ID… , they are randomly distributed.
I cannot see any pattern. It's neither alphabetically nor based on face count.
My node tree consists of: Alembic Import Node –> ROP Alembic Output.

On the left side you see the original mesh with correct Material ID order and on the right side the imported Mesh with the wrong material order.

Does anyone has a solution for this? smile.png

Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes I have tried this but no difference. I also tried renaming the materials in Max _0,_1,_2,_3, ... (relating to those video comments: https://vimeo.com/album/4473536/video/113366813) but without succes.
Maybe I have to do something with the prim groups that Houdini is importing from Alembic Face Sets?
Because they have the right order and the correctly selected faces. But I don't know how to handle them in order to export them correctly:


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...