How to change cloud node's animated noise effect?

Hi, I'm a beginner at Houdini so forgive me if I am not familiar with a lot of things.

I have converted some moving geometry (alembic) into a cloud and it is moving quite quickly. I want to be able to alter the animated noise effect on my geometry so that it doesn't use world space noise as it moves too quickly. I understand that this effect works well with slow drifting clouds but my geometry is not moving slowly. If I can't alter the rate at which the noise animates then I would also be interested in removing it entirely.

At the moment I am using a cloud node and a cloud noise node.

I'm unsure about how to achieve this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is an example of the cloudnoise node configured for static operation and an alternate configured for animation. Basically you animate the Z-Offset of the noise and allow advection for animation, otherwise leave those option off or non-animated.

STATIC:cloud_static.gif

ANIMATED:cloud_animated.gif

ap_fast_moving_cloud.hipnc

Edited by Atom

15 minutes ago, Atom said:

Here is an example of the cloudnoise node configured for static operation and an alternate configured for animation. Basically you animate the Z-Offset of the noise and allow advection for animation, otherwise leave those option off or non-animated.

cloud_static.gif

cloud_animated.gif

ap_fast_moving_cloud.hipnc

Wow thank you, it was so simple! This is exactly what I was looking for!

giphy.gif

I looked at your file and everything seemed to be working, however when I started using my alembic file, the animation affect continued no matter which static or animated node i was viewing. I replaced the font and extrude node with an alembic and it still continued to animate. What am I doing wrong? Or does this method not work with abc files?

Edited by Kalyra

• 1 year later...