Hdk Activity

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

Hi all,

Just wanted to say it really warms my heart to see more and more HDK threads on this forum and thus more HDK development activity in general.

I'm assuming the increase is related to SESI making the HDK "free" to all Houdini users. It's good thing ...

Peace and love,

Mark

:D

Guest xionmark
Well for my part it more to do with getting off my arse and learning some C++.... but I'm glad I have  :D  It opens a world of possiblities. :P

19736[/snapback]

Would you have had access to the HDK before SESI stopped charging $$$ for it?

--Mark

P.S. I'm curious, where do you work?

Having access to the HDK is a beeeeeeautiful thing!

I just hope SESI doesn't change their minds on it...

And again, thanks to Edward, and George, and Crunch, and Mark Story, and everyone else who knows the HDK for helping out over here.

Much appreciated!! :D

Cheers!

Guest xionmark
I just hope SESI doesn't change their minds on it...

19739[/snapback]

Yikes!!!!!! No No No!!!! :o

I *do* hope that's not even being considered ...

:ph34r:

We had a license for the HDK for a number of years, but since I hadn't learned any c++, no one ever used it. So then we stopped our maintenance for it.

But now that it's included, I finally took a c++ class and have been thoroughly enjoying the experience.

I'm not sure what the relationship between the money and my motivation is. :blink:

I'm very glad it's included now though.

Dave

Would you have had access to the HDK before SESI stopped charging $$$ for it?

--Mark

P.S. I'm curious, where do you work?

19738[/snapback]

Similar story to dave, we had a paid up license for years that we bought for our R&D guy but he never used it and I never had time to learn. Finally got to the point where I had so many things that I wanted to try that could only be done in HDK that I bought a C++ book and dived in at home.

I work for Primal Pictures in London - despite the name we aren't a production company we make high level medical, surgical and antomy products.

Guest xionmark
It's like the busiest forum here right now. That's an awesome thing. Good for us learning types, that's for sure.

M

19812[/snapback]

Yea, it's great! I'm learning stuff from it all the time, soon I'll be able to contribute more again.

--Mark