collision fluid splash effect :chocolate

Hussein

i have a problem with the splash that comes from collision object into the flip fluid ,i created a flat tank and i imported a strawberry obj and make it to Hero RBD with volume collision , bu tas you see the splash is too weak and the feedback of the fluid jumping after the collision is too high, and i got tired trying to solve it to look realistic
particle separation : 0.045  = almost 10 mil
density of the fluid : 1100
collision feedback scale : 0
collision force scale : 1
viscosity of fluid: 35
surface extrapolation: 0.001
velocity transfer: swirly kernal
surface tension: 10
vorticity : on
preservation rate: 0.1
use friction and bounce in solver is off
Dop SUbsteps : 2

falling strawberries density : 100
solver type = RBD

Houdini version : 16.0.621
hip file included + obj strawberry

will be thankful if anyone helped me

reference splashes:
in this video the reference for the jumping fluid after the collision

in the youtube video ate the 0:17 just a simple splash close to crown splash

Chocolate_sim.rar

2.png

Untitled.png

Edited by Hussein

I'm very inexperienced....but just keen to learn and explore...here's my findings, bear in mind I don't have a beasty machine so I have to dial down most of settings...:

01) Polyreduce the strawbs, I see no point in using ultra high res geometries in the FLIP sim. I Polyreduced your strawbs to 1%...yes... ONE percent. (I mean why bother with ultra high res indentations on the strawbs or the detailed leaves ?)
02) set Particle Sep to 0.2 (coz of my non-beasty machine)
03) zero out the initial vel on the strawbs, ok you have some in x, maybe keep these but I set y to -50.0 for IMPACT ! This may not be possible in your case, you'll have to figure something out...(I've tried cranking up the density without using high velocity..didn't help much)
04) Disable the ground floor so that the strawbs will pass right thru and not bounce back...(don't see a point of making the strawbs bounce back up). The Fliptank already has its own walls/floor for the liquid sim.
05) set viscosity to 100, I know nothing here, just playing around hoping that it would give a nice look..
06) enable OpenCL in flipsolver (no I don't claim to know anything here...seems faster)

Here's the results, with 1 strawb: (you can see the strawb passing right thru the ground in 2nd pic)

StrawbSplash_01.jpg

StrawbSplash_02.jpg

StrawbSplash_03.jpg

StrawbSplash_04.jpg

12 hours ago, Noobini said:

I'm very inexperienced....but just keen to learn and explore...here's my findings, bear in mind I don't have a beasty machine so I have to dial down most of settings...:

01) Polyreduce the strawbs, I see no point in using ultra high res geometries in the FLIP sim. I Polyreduced your strawbs to 1%...yes... ONE percent. (I mean why bother with ultra high res indentations on the strawbs or the detailed leaves ?)
02) set Particle Sep to 0.2 (coz of my non-beasty machine)
03) zero out the initial vel on the strawbs, ok you have some in x, maybe keep these but I set y to -50.0 for IMPACT ! This may not be possible in your case, you'll have to figure something out...(I've tried cranking up the density without using high velocity..didn't help much)
04) Disable the ground floor so that the strawbs will pass right thru and not bounce back...(don't see a point of making the strawbs bounce back up). The Fliptank already has its own walls/floor for the liquid sim.
05) set viscosity to 100, I know nothing here, just playing around hoping that it would give a nice look..
06) enable OpenCL in flipsolver (no I don't claim to know anything here...seems faster)

Here's the results, with 1 strawb: (you can see the strawb passing right thru the ground in 2nd pic)

StrawbSplash_01.jpg

StrawbSplash_02.jpg

StrawbSplash_03.jpg

StrawbSplash_04.jpg

1) if i used polyreduce to the object wont affect the collision shape on the surface of the fluid ?
2) using 0.2 particle separation it will give you small jump reaction to the fluid but mesh will be low res if i increased the particle separation the jumping part of the fluid will be higher 
3) adding -50 initial force to the Y Axis will do more splash but when you do composite the strawberry velocity will be too fast not  a gravity speed 
4) adding the ground cause i thought when the strawbs penetrating the bottom of the fluid it will create stronger reaction to the fluid so i added the ground to reduce the reaction
5) i tried up to 600 viscosity down to 25 didnt help
6)using openCL for faster GPU, i have GTX 750 TI
so far these methods just for playing around not for rendering actual commercial or flip shots 
Thanks for help if you found any other solution please tell me :) i appreciate your tries 

Edited by Hussein