flourish

Hello,

Ive got a simple RBD scene where I'm blowing out a stone door with a magnet force/SOPgeo with a metaball(I've attached a screen shot of what my DOP tree looks like).  The geo is fractured and is a packed rbd bullet solver.  My question is how do I kill the rbd geo that goes outside my sim(you can see the spray of smaller chunks leaving the collide geo scene.)  I'd like to set up a bounding box that I can envelope my scene and when a geo piece leaves this area is deleted.  

Ive tried setting up another sopsolver going in it and creating a group bounding box(Envelopes scene) and then a delete node(with group 1 as group) under the dop_geo.  Once this is created I jump back out into the DopNetwork and right after my gravity node I put drop another group node with group name killme and expression :  npoints($DOPNET+":"+$OBJID+"/Geometry") == 0  into the group 0 expression.  Next, I created a delete node under the group node with the object group name:  killme.  

No go.  Nothing happens to the spraying geo.  Am i barking up the wrong tree or am I close?  Need help.  Thanks.  Just getting up and running so I am new to Houdini.

I will provide the .hipnc file and screen shot but there will be missing source geo in file.  Hopefully it will help

NeedToKillGeo.hipnc

DOP_look.PNG

Edited by flourish

Hey Sepu,

Thanks for responding.  And sorry in advance for my knowledge of houdini.  So do you mean in the sopsolver under the dop_geo I would create a group, make it bounding - does this bounding box bound my scene?  and under this attach an attriwrangle for points and in the vexpression what is the expression to delete geo?  also, I already have i group under the sopsolver dop_geo does this factor anyway?  also what nodes need to be created in my dopnetwork?  

Thanks again

Yes and if it's small pieces that are problematic (happens with booleans fracture), you can use a measure sop set to area, and remove pieces with low area. Can be done before or after simulation