Flip with multiple layers of liquids

ftaswin

Hi

Is there any way to have a flip solver that simulates multiple type of liquids together? Like layering system that has weight of interactions between different layers. I am thinking of having something like jelly, oil and blood mix in the same blood. They are all quite viscous but not meant to stick with each other. I want the jelly to slide (slip) off the oil and blood and vice versa. Is it possible?

I am aware I cannot have 2 flip objects running and interact with each other. Or can they?

I am thinking about building a custom dynamic collider that only affect certain particle group (layer). That quickly getting confusing as I am planning to have more than 2 type of layers.

At the moment my viscosity always trying to pull the other layer with them no matter how I set @ballistic (activation), or @stopped (which cause particle to fall through), surface tension or slip field. I am running out of ideas now. Thank you all

If you're trying to mix something around like blood/water, coffee/cream, oil, etc, you can try using the density+viscosity parameters in the FLIP solver and see if you get desired results. You could do a "points from volume" and source that in as a particle field in the flipfluid object, and create an attribute on the points in SOPs called 

f@density

Then turn on "density by attribute" in the FLIP solver. 

EDIT: After re-reading your post, I don't think I really answered your question as I don't think density by itself will cause the two viscous fluids to rub against each other... 

Edited by jamesr

I can create custom self collision using gas particle to sdf and gas calculate to collision field, but this setup stops the collision from static object to behave properly. Has anyone build a custom collision in dop before?