Broken Mosaic Node?

chrisdunham95

Hi guys,

I'm using the mosaic node in COPS to create texture atlas's for games. All renders from Houdini seem to work fine using the mosaic node. However often I use aftereffects/other software to add extra motion blur etc to my renders - save them back out as exr's or png's and then take into Houdini COPS to put together the texture atlas - However I keep running into the same issue which is;

The mosaic node incorrectly interpolates my images. For example I may have 120frames - set the images per line to 10 and max images to 100 - so it should show the first 100 frames right? not in my case it seems to start the atlas from a random frame and not always show all the sequence REGARDLESS of mosaic node or preference settings with tile size etc. Someone suggested it may be memory contrsaints due to the huge size of the mosaic it creates but to me that shouldn't affect it interpolating the image sequence in the correct order and knowing which is the first and last frame -

I would attatch a scene file but that would require me providing a render which I currently an unable to do but will try and get one that I cant get to work uploaded for others to try. - (See below I have attached a screenshot of the exact issue - the input sequence contains 156 frames)

Any ideas would be great as this is really annoying and rather confusing

1.png

- My only thought is naming conventions and the mosaic node needs or wants a constant frame number with the same amount of digits - 001 through to 100 etc.  - Just tested this theory and no changes so it cant be that, unless Houdini just hates non Houdini renders or file types

Edited by chrisdunham95
Adding attatchments

18 minutes ago, symek said:

Seems to be working here. Are you sure your frames are correct. Maybe some frames are busted, and COPs can't open them?

numbers.jpg

(it's 100x512pix)

Yes it does work generically - No all frames working etc. because I've checked the files in other programs also and even have another program which does what the mosaic does which works with a sequence which doesn't work in Houdini, soo I'm really not sure I have a feeling its connected to anything not rendered in Houdini itself

2 hours ago, symek said:

Could you attach frame sequence making you trouble? Another thing is that Cops are sensitive to image resolution change in sequence. Are those files all the same?

I will upload a sequence for you at work tommorow! Ahhh thats good to know but no all my images remain the same resolution, thanks syzmon