Font Miss Error After Installed Houdini

MaiQ

Hi all, I'm new here and today is the first day I use houdini.

At first , I've download the Houdini Apprentice version and when install completed and then run it...AH? I'v got a font missing error! Why about this ?

Is there any balk about study this software?

The version now in my computer is 7.0.

Sorry Ii've forgotten which font the worning windows clewed me :(

Thank you for revert :)

But it still work fine, I've play it for a while.Cool it!

I thought this is cause my OS added some Asian character support and the region is set to there...If no body like me faced this error.I've download it twice before.

Actually I know the latest version is 8,but it still in beta, right? so, I'll keep waiting and play with this version .

An other question is come: How to type Asian font in it? I set the font to 'time Roman' but it seemed helpless.I mean using the IME to input,nothing happend.

by the way, the font missing error is just appear once. At next time I run it ,very strange it disappear.

Thank you for revert :)

But it still work fine, I've play it for a while.Cool it!

I thought this is cause my OS added some Asian character support and the region is set to there...If no body like me faced this error.I've download it twice before.

Actually I know the latest version is 8,but it still in beta, right? so, I'll keep waiting and play with this version .

An other question is come: How to type Asian font in it? I set the font to 'time Roman' but it seemed helpless.I mean using the IME to input,nothing happend.

by the way, the font missing error is just appear once. At next time I run it ,very strange it disappear.

21052[/snapback]

Hello,

I am not sure if Houdini supports any Asian characters yet... Just Latin characters for now.

-Alex

Hello,

I am not sure if Houdini supports any Asian characters yet... Just Latin characters for now.

-Alex

21053[/snapback]

Houdini supports any characters :D

Just use TrueType fonts...and their ASCII representation.

For example if i wish to write something in russian

i should enter:

\192\193\194\

Also try this

http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/info.php?fi...0&versionid=150

Houdini supports any characters :D

Just use TrueType fonts...and their ASCII representation.

For example if i wish to write something in russian

i should enter:

\192\193\194\

Also try this

http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/info.php?fi...0&versionid=150

21080[/snapback]

Yeah, houdini supports truetypes fonts...but my question is how to make it support MS IMEs.

Like hanzi is cannot just simply using '/xxx/xxx' instead, right? You know, hanzi is an enormous fonts set.

Or maybe this way can walk around this : load the input text from a text file. That's what I thought but I don't know how to do this and still reading the manual.

Also thanks Jason and AndrewVK.