Glass rbd based on baked sim

abramov-cg

I've got a problem. I do rbd simulation of big and complicated building. For optimization I excluded glasses from this. After that I want to do second rbd sim for glasses based on baked sim of building. For that I need to constrain glasses to frames. And here I get a big problem:
- glue network doesnt help because it cant work with streching, it use only impacts
- hard, spring constraints works crazy 

P.S. I attached simple scene with example, we have baked rbd frames sim and need to constraint glasses to it.

Thanks for help.

frames_glass.jpg

frames_glass_v001_test.hip

Hey, I took a look and deleted your current constraints, added the glass as a packed rbd to the sim also, then glue constrained the glass and frames back together - works fine :) - not totally sure if this is what your after but hope it helps - tweak the glue constraints as you please also just got the setup working :)

frames_glass_v001_CD_Changes.hip

Its not what I want. You just put it all to one sim. But in complicated scene it will totally increase sim time and memory. That is why I want to do one more sim for windows, based on previous rbd sim. That is why I need to constrain windows to frames.

Best solution, that I've founded now is to make one constraint from each piece of glass to only one nearest frame part.

Edited by abramov-cg

7 minutes ago, abramov-cg said:

Its not what I want. You just put it all to one sim. But in complicated scene it will totally increase sim time and memory. That is why I want to do one more sim for windows, based on previous rbd sim. That is why I need to constrain windows to frames.

Best solution, that I've founded now is to make one constraint from each piece of glass to only one nearest frame part.

Ahh I see apologies I didn't quite understand, - yeah that idea would work

Could you not bake out your frame simulation and read that in as deforming geometry for the glass to collide and be constrained too?

10 minutes ago, chrisdunham95 said:

Could you not bake out your frame simulation and read that in as deforming geometry for the glass to collide and be constrained too?

Sorry.. Not sure that understand you. I can also exclude frames from main sim, but what profit would  I get? 

1 hour ago, abramov-cg said:

Sorry.. Not sure that understand you. I can also exclude frames from main sim, but what profit would  I get? 

Let me rephrase what I mean - So you do your simulation of the Window frames - cache it out - take that and use it as deforming colliding geometry within your Glass Simulation and you can also constrain the glass to the collision window frames as you wanted - I think this should work :)  (Although it maybe slower (or a lot slower) than more complex methods)