Problems With Roto Shape And Rename Cops

lisux

I am experimenting some problems with the RotoShaoe and Rename COPs using H 8.0.360 in Windows.

With RotoShape, if i maximize the viewer pane with the roto shape handlers visibles, houdini uses all the CPU, while doing nothing, and begin to get memory, up to 1 GB or more.

And then if i restore the pane houdini crashes.

So i think that is something wrong with this COP, i have posted this in the houdini forum but without luck at the moment.

With the rename COP i don`t know if it is a bug or i`m missing something.

I have an image with 3 planes: C, A and M, and i want to put the M values into the A plane, i can use other options like Swap COP for example; but when i want to do it using a rename COP, renaming M to A it do nothing.

The A plane is the same and the M plane is still there.

Somebody having the same problems there?

You're not nearly supplying enough details to the post on the H8 beta forum though.

21293[/snapback]

Well the problem with the rename COP is simple, if i have C, A and M planes, and i rename the M plane to A simply when i see the A plane in the viewer i'm still seeing the original A plane not the data in the M plane, what it is supposed to be, i think.

For the rotoShape COP, when i'm using it i have experimented some inestabilities, houdini crashes many time, and it only occurs with the rotoShape COP. For instance, if you maximize the viewer pane with the flag view put in a roto Shape, and then restore the viewer pane, the houdini crash.

Houdini 8.0.353 Windows

PS: I know there is a new version, i have to test it with the last version.