Detailed cloth?

caskal

Thanks a lot guys! I saw those softbodies tests @yglemarec but didnt know that there was a thread with hips, lots to analize and learn! thanks for the file too, checking now

Here's a test I did yesterday, i was having issues to upres, will check that softbodie week 6 

2017-12-04_09-48-21.gif.da262c791a57f265710b8c061e43d060.gif

P.S: On the cloth constraint at DOPs there's a "points to constrain" where I can specify point numbers, what should I do if I have an attribute transfer that stores points, how can I put that value there? instead of manual numbers 

Cheers!

- You can create a point group sop and replace your manual numbers in the dop by taping your group name.

- an other method to constraint your points is to define a @pintoanimation attribute =1 in a wrangle sop ( and @pintoanimation=0 for the non constraint points)

- and the last method to have more flexible control, is to write this in a wrangle sop for instance :  @targetstrength= @Cd.r * 1000000;

in the cloth object/deformation/target strength, write the value "1" because this number will be multiplied by the @targetstrentgh value.

(note : i use @Cd.r from an attribe transfert) 

++

Edited by yglemarec
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, yglemarec said:

- You can create a point group sop and replace your manual numbers in the dop by taping your group name.

- an other method to constraint your points is to define a @pintoanimation attribute =1 in a wrangle sop ( and @pintoanimation=0 for the non constraint points)

- and the last method to have more flexible control, is to write this in a wrangle sop for instance :  @targetstrength= @Cd.r * 1000000;

in the cloth object/deformation/target strength, write the value "1" because this number will be multiplied by the @targetstrentgh value.

(note : i use @Cd.r from an attribe transfert) 

++

Thanks a lot for your help @yglemarec really appreciate it! I just saw the group method in your soft bodies files, as well as some attribute transfer stuff, really helpful

Got lots to play, thanks again!