How to create curves from particle fluid?

avak

Hello,

I have a simple scene, by sourcing a sphere and particle fluid simulated from it's surface down.

at the end I have particles_fluide simulated.

Now I want to group these points and using an ADD sop to make poly curves,..but how to make them grouped nicely so they don'nt be connected together randomly?

Thanks,

Here's one way, I could get quite heavy though.

I checked "Add ID attribute" in the flipsolver node, connected a trail to the flip particles and chose how long I wanted the stream to be. Then I dropped down an add node, set it to group by attribute and set it to ID

5a2e21a10e498_Screenshot2017-12-1022_11_24.thumb.png.1b310c4acc5dc9094a58d60b51fca74a.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean-R said:

Here's one way, I could get quite heavy though.

I checked "Add ID attribute" in the flipsolver node, connected a trail to the flip particles and chose how long I wanted the stream to be. Then I dropped down an add node, set it to group by attribute and set it to ID

5a2e21a10e498_Screenshot2017-12-1022_11_24.thumb.png.1b310c4acc5dc9094a58d60b51fca74a.png

Hi, That's a nice method, but the problem is it is recreating points instead of using simulated points and so it will lost the natural look of the fluid looking stream,

I am instead looking for a way to group our simulated points in a way we can then produce curves from them.

_ I am thinking this way but am not sure how to achieve or if it gives the look I am looking for, first by making a regular particle simulation and using the volume of previous fluid simulation to advect particle simulation.

but the ideal way could be grouping simulated points.

have any idea?