Particle Collision Problem

lisux

Hi all.

I have tested both with a POP net and with a particle SOP and in both i get the same results.

If you use for your collision object a static object and then throw particles to it the collision is right calculated.

But if i have, for instance, a bunch of static particles, with vel and accel set to zero, and i want that an animated object that goes through them collides and move the particles the collision don't work properly.

I set bounce for the collision behaviour, when the object goes through the particlee no one bounces, no collision occurs between my static particles and the collision object. I have tried using in the Collision POP the translating geo hint, but with no luck.

Anybody know why it occurs?

Thanks

Thanks deecue and grasshopper.

For deecue, i have tested your file with H8 and it works, so i must be doing something wrong.

For grasshopper, yes the example shows an example that is very similar with the ffects that i want toget, but is an approximation, the thing that i want to do is the deecue's example. But is a very instructive example.

Thanks.

If you're using H8, I recommend you updating to a newer build if you haven't for say, over a week.

21594[/snapback]

Thanks edward, maybe this is the problem i have been using the 8.0.373 build.

I'm now downloading the 8.0.378 build :)