Cloth_rbd Collision

Lukich

your sphere is really really heavy...put the density down to 1 and it will not go through the cloth.....

I'm really not liking the defaults in DOPs....if the units are metric - mass of 1 = 1 liter of water...the default RBD object is really massive when doing simple little tests...

yea, defaults are really heavy.. they even note this in the dops quickstart or somewhere like that. you kind of need insane forces in order to keep up with the defaults (just try any kind of spring constraint).. don't know where the decision came from but a density of 1000 seems kind of over the top. that's usually the first thing i set before going ahead with anything else.

Thank you, guys, I'll see into it. Also, I'd like to add my two centavos about the values in DOPs - on an RBD glue object, if I want the glue to hold for even a little bit, I had to crank the internal glue value all the way to 10000, everything else left at defaults. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong again?

I mentioned the "glue threshold" problem back in beta-testing days, and Jeff Lait gave a nice explanation of *why* it happens, though I still think it should be expressed as a fraction of composite mass.

At that point there was an RFE to enable one to fetch the composite mass ( using a dopfield() expression wasn't working back then) and so be able to set up the relationship by hand.

Has anyone checked whether we can get an accurate measure of composite mass (the object's total aggregate mass) when the creator object is set to "Calculate Mass" automatically? (I haven't been using DOPs lately so I haven't checked).