Custom Panel Initialization

lisux

Hi all.

I am playing with custom panels to easu the use of the texcache command through an ui.

My problem is how to control the initialization of the panel i have created.

I have a custom panel saved in my $HOME/houdini8.0/custom folder, i want that when the panel is opened some label widgets get the value of the next commands:

texcache -l
texcache -s

So ones can view the actual txture cache state.

Even more i want to initialize some sliders to the actual cahe size, res, etc.

It is possible to do it?

I am used to make MEL interfaces for Maya, but custom panels in Houdini seems to be complitely different

Thanks

Hi all.

I am playing with custom panels to easu the use of the texcache command through an ui.

My problem is how to control the initialization of the panel i have created.

I have a custom panel saved in my $HOME/houdini8.0/custom folder, i want that when the panel is opened some label widgets get the value of the next commands:

texcache -l
texcache -s

So ones can view the actual txture cache state.

Even more i want to initialize some sliders to the actual cahe size, res, etc.

It is possible to do it?

I am used to make MEL interfaces for Maya, but custom panels in Houdini seems to be complitely different

Thanks

23506[/snapback]

Use custom operators with callback hscripts. You can get info using backticks like `texcache -l` and then you can parse that info and "write" it to the label value. But there is one problem - UI refresh. You can't get the nice refresh of the labels :( But that was in H7. Maybe in H8 something changed.

Or you can try Tcl/Tk or Perl/Tk way :huh:

Use custom operators with callback hscripts. You can get info using backticks like `texcache -l` and then you can parse that info and "write" it to the label value. But there is one problem - UI refresh. You can't get the nice refresh of the labels :( But that was in H7. Maybe in H8 something changed.

Or you can try Tcl/Tk or Perl/Tk way  :huh:

23508[/snapback]

The callbacks for the labels are called when it is displayed?

I have use the message command in a label callback and it is not executed anytime.

If i use a button with a callback that refresh the label of the label gadget i can do it.

Thanks