Hi, I have a scene with some effects and i would try to render it. The problem is that every frame each frame spend hours to be rendered. How can i set render settings to speed up rendering process? 

hi, this is such a broad topic that it cannot be answered just like this. post a scene, post some renders, ask specific questions. 

you can render low quality, just to demonstrate what you've got

looking at the pics I can only tell u there must be something terribly wrong in your scene or render settings as something like that should render in a minute or so. what are your render settings and what materials are u using? is it still slow when you render just a plain grey shader? what kind of lights do you have in your scene?

Materials are very simple. There is a custom texture on the sphere, i assigned a slightly reflective gray material to the ground and deformations of the ground have a black material. Bolts have a colored light assigned. For the scene i would like to simulate a street with two rows of street lamps on the sides.
It's my first try to render with houdini, so i dont know how to manage the settings.

What kind of hardware are you using? Like what processor model and how much memory?

If you can share the scene file it would make this a lot quicker and easier.

Processor: intel i7 4770 3.4GHz
Ram: Corsair dominator platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866MHz

Sorry but i prefer not to share the scene file; i can share an image with the position of the lights, object and fx, but not today because i need to reinstall houdini.

Edited by Blackshadow

Positioning of your objects isn't very important or useful for diagnostics; it's the settings on your mantra ROP and your lights and materials (and possibly object containers) that are causing the problem. This is why people are asking for the HIP. Maybe you could clear any confidential information from the scene before uploading?

Otherwise I suggest reading the manual: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/render/noise.html

This is the positioning. How you can see, there is many lights: 14 fix lights and olso every generated bolt is a source of lights.

Immagine.png

Edited by Blackshadow

Mantra 1 is for the schene, mantra 2 is only for the sparks. I think i stay low, but render time is so long...

5ae714b54fdea_mantra2.thumb.png.c06fd8235bb19cfe4e7c2bd7558f544a.png5ae714aeb0cd1_mantra1.thumb.png.ab76b0499a7f784584803e13fb77c08b.png

Edited by Blackshadow

Don't use a noise level of zero. The default value is pretty good for most renders. Beyond that it's still hard to tell without looking at the scene file. What does the limits tab look like?