Rendering time

looking at the pics I can only tell u there must be something terribly wrong in your scene or render settings as something like that should render in a minute or so. what are your render settings and what materials are u using? is it still slow when you render just a plain grey shader? what kind of lights do you have in your scene?

Materials are very simple. There is a custom texture on the sphere, i assigned a slightly reflective gray material to the ground and deformations of the ground have a black material. Bolts have a colored light assigned. For the scene i would like to simulate a street with two rows of street lamps on the sides.
It's my first try to render with houdini, so i dont know how to manage the settings.

Processor: intel i7 4770 3.4GHz
Ram: Corsair dominator platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866MHz

Sorry but i prefer not to share the scene file; i can share an image with the position of the lights, object and fx, but not today because i need to reinstall houdini.

Edited by Blackshadow

Positioning of your objects isn't very important or useful for diagnostics; it's the settings on your mantra ROP and your lights and materials (and possibly object containers) that are causing the problem. This is why people are asking for the HIP. Maybe you could clear any confidential information from the scene before uploading?

Otherwise I suggest reading the manual: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/render/noise.html