Current And Display

thekenny

Um, am I crazy for asking..

Is there a way to view current and display in Halo?

I wanted to control how the viewport updates like you can in SOPs... remember that old school display selected and display flag difference?..

I don't think you can do it but, damn i would be nice.

also while I'm at it.. is there a way to freeze a viewplane in halo from updating.. but still keep the last cached image?

-k

You can do it with 2 COP viewer panes. In the 2nd one, change the Follow mode to "Display Current COP" (top bar, right side, leftmost button strip, with the blue/green squares).

As for freezing the output of a viewer, you can only use the Always/Changes/Never button to do this with 'Never'. But I'm assuming you likely want to freeze one and not the other, and there is no way to do that currently.

Eventually I'd like to support a way to easily display 2 COPs at once. Current/Display is one way to do it, Output/Display is another, and pinning a view would be a third option. So far, haven't quite made up my mind which would be the best option (or options).

• 8 years later...

A way to show 2 nodes as a single image in a split view would be very useful. AFAIK right now you can only increment the number of views shown by shift clicking the display flag.

The splitting line can be horizontal, vertical, or any other orientation as well as at any position, to move it freely to see how the changes look. What I mean is something like this to explicitly control the left and right side:

dbXLu8k.png

I think this is a lot better than seeing both images at once separately, because then it's hard to notice the changes when you are looking left and right continuously.

Hope I helped in making up your mind :)

Thanks Mark, wow the diff tools are awesome. Looks like you added all kinds of features since then :)

My only feedback would be to have a line shown so you know where the split is exactly as an option. Another small one would be to move the split using a handle in the COP viewport so you don't have to use the slider at the top.

Other than that, I think these are really useful. Thanks :)