no cross ?

CinnamonMetal

int chngePrim = detail(1,"iteration",0);
if(chngePrim%2==0){
    v@Vector_Pt_AC = prim(0,"Vector_Pt_AB",chngePrim) - prim(0,"Vector_Pt_AC",chngePrim)/1;
    setprimattrib(geoself(),"Vector_Pt_AB",chngePrim,@Vector_Pt_AC,"set");    
    v@crossPro = cross(prim(0,"Vector_Pt_AC",chngePrim),(0,1,0));
}

Why is my cross product attribute not being created ?

Edited by CinnamonMetal

are you sure the attribute is being created in the place you think it's being created? looks like you're running a detail wrangle, but you're trying to create that cross attribute per-primitive, and that won't work. you'd have to create the cross attribute as a prim attribute ahead of time, then use setprimattrib() to set it.

If I create the cross attribute ahead of time, otherwise in a primitive wrangler before the detail wrangler; there are variables in the cross attribute that are not available until the detail wrangler which comes after the primitive wrangler for which the cross attribute was created ?

If I use the cross attribute within the primitive wrangler (the wrangler before the detail wrangler) the cross function doesn't accept variables :( other wise I would be able to set the cross attribute, you know what wrangler I'm referring too ;) If not it's the wrangler before the detail wrangler :) 

On 5/22/2018 at 1:39 AM, CinnamonMetal said:

int chngePrim = detail(1, "iteration" ,0);
if(chngePrim%2 == 0){
    v@Vector_Pt_AC = vector(prim(0, "Vector_Pt_AB", chngePrim)) - vector(prim(0, "Vector_Pt_AC" ,chngePrim))/1;
    setprimattrib(0, "Vector_Pt_AB", chngePrim, v@Vector_Pt_AC);    
    v@crossPro = cross(vector(prim(0,"Vector_Pt_AC",chngePrim)), set(0,1,0));
}

Why is my cross product attribute not being created ?

if you are doing more than one operation per line, always hard cast your variables, otherwise they will be considered as a float in some cases.
This is especially true for functions that accept multiple data types.

side topic, the {0,1,0} notation does not accept variables, so use set(0, x, 0) instead if you need to

it seems like your running in a for-each loop, is it a per-primitive operation?

If so your primnum will allways be 0 inside the loop. 

I would also break this line up into:

v@Vector_Pt_AC = vector(prim(0, "Vector_Pt_AB", chngePrim)) - vector(prim(0, "Vector_Pt_AC" ,chngePrim))/1;

I will ignore the /1, because im not sure what that is doing here.

vector AB = prim(0,"Vector_Pt_AB",0);
vector AC = prim(0,"Vector_Pt_AC",0);
v@Vector_Pt_AC = AB-AC;

This will only work if your v@Vector_Pt_AC exist from before, or else you would only have an empty vector.

It would be easier to understand your solution if we know what your goal is, because i think this can be done in a mutch more efficient and easier fashion

• Thanks 1