Cloth Inflation Problem [solved]

evanrudefx

Hi,

I have a simple cloth inflation setup. Using the sop solver I apply a force (targetP) in the in the direction of the normal. It works as expected. However, when ever I turn on fracturing, it seems to ignore the inflation force. Its weird because everything in the geometry spread sheet seems to be the same (when comparing fracture on vs off). Also, this setup works perfectly in houdini 16. It doesn't work in 16.5 and I can't figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

cloth_test.hip

Edited by ejr32123

10 minutes ago, merlino said:

that's strange ... it works here. I just enabled the fracturing option and it inflates and brakes as it should.

Wat? I am using Houdini 16.5.439. I wonder if it works in the latest version (unfortunately I don't have my personal pc atm to try it ). What version were you using?

5 minutes ago, merlino said:

Just to be sure: it should inflate and then explode, nothing more, right? (for the fracturing I just lowered the threshold) 

My real scene (not the test one I uploaded) I have divided the geometry with fracturepart. So yes, it will inflate then explode. Howeverm, I am not concerned with exploding in this test scene. I am just trying to figure out why it will not inflate when fracture is enabled. 

Edited by ejr32123

here is what my scene does with enable fracture. The targetP deformation is not applied to the simulation even the the correct data is in the geometry spreadsheet. The weird thing is the patch notes say this for an earlier patch, so it should work in my version: At least it seems similar to my problem : )

Fixed a problem in the finite element solver where the "Target Deformation" is not properly transferred to the simulated object in the case where fracturing is enabled and the vertex indices don't match. The improved code relies only on having the same numbering of primitive indices and the same vertex order within each primitive. 

CandidAridHyracotherium-size_restricted.

Edited by ejr32123