Render tree setup - fetching caches

Maybe a basic question, but every studio I have worked at so far have had a custom node usable in the ROP context to fetch a cache.

This way one was able to setup dependencies from your cache nodes to your Mantra ROPS.

Is there a way to do this using standard nodes?

I looked at the Fetch node, but it seems it can only target other rop nodes, like a rop in cops or similar.

Cheers

@toadstormhere is a follow up question, maybe you know the answer. using multiple fetch nodes and piping the together ending the tree with a mantra rop, Houdini by default caches one frame from the first fetch cache, moves on to cache one frame on the second fetch node, and then render that frame with the Mantra rop, then repeat. This is highly unpractical for caches which are simulations.. is there a way to force it to cache out the full frame range of the first fetch node, and then move on to the second one?

When you render dependent chains, there should be an option in the Controls... window to render each ROP in a chain frame-by-frame or node-by-node. You could also consider using the Batch ROP, which will force its input ROP to render as a single job before any other jobs are processed without needing to use the Controls options.

2 hours ago, toadstorm said:

When you render dependent chains, there should be an option in the Controls... window to render each ROP in a chain frame-by-frame or node-by-node. You could also consider using the Batch ROP, which will force its input ROP to render as a single job before any other jobs are processed without needing to use the Controls options.

Thanks for the valuable info Henry. This is really helpful. I appreciate your time.

Random other question, using a pcfilter (either vex or in vops), is it possible to specify more than one attribute? or would I need to filter once per attribute?