Strange results transforming pieces with primintrinsic

SmokeyandtheBandit

Hi guys,

I created a sim with proxy pieces and then tried to transform the high res pieces with the sim data, but for some reason it gets messed up.
I set the pivot and transforms with setprimintrinsic. Please see below.

It seems to have done different things for different groups I've split them into. After the initial fracture, I've split the pieces into small, medium and large pieces and fractured the large pieces again with added constraints which I intend break later in the sim.
You can see the correct size of the figure in the middle, which seem to be the large pieces.

Could someone please take a look at my file and tell me how I could fix this?

image.png.be0d7a834da9cf8869e2049f313c7ffd.png

Angel_goes_toheaven_cleaned.hipnc

Edited by SmokeyandtheBandit

I tried using the transform pieces SOP, but it doesn't seem to work in this case. 

At the second frame it moves the pieces apart slightly, and then they remain still until the point that the sim actually starts to move the pieces when it should.

I'm not sure how to prevent that from happening. Any ideas?

image.png.14643e0b02662a51055d47edf1120f3a.png

I tried it with your scene yesterday and all i changed was to promote the name attrib to primitives (keep it on points too) right before sending the pieces into the dopnet. Then transform pieces worked fine for me.

If you cant get it to work I can send you the modified file on monday

Hi 3Dome, it seems to work!

But for reasons I don't understand yet, it doesn't work when I connect the dopimport to meta points on the Transform Pieces SOP, but it does work when I straight connect the bottom of the dopnetwork to it.
Could you offer any insight here? It seems you changed less. Could you still send over your file?

Thanks for that! I appreciate it. I have to say that I'm surprised that promoting the name to the primitives has the effect of making the Transform Pieces SOP work. Standard, SOPS like Assemble and Connect Adjacent Pieces set the name to the points. Same with Pack nodes. It seems as though the Bullet solver prefers it that way, but in this case it seems I have to put it to primitives.

Also what surprises me is that promoting the name after the SIM doesn't have the same effect. Could you please explain why it works this way? It would be great to understand that :)

well it seemed to be a weired bug or something. just tried it again without the promote and the dopnet complained about missing required point attrib 'name'  so I didn't see any geo in the dopnet. The same thing happended when I opened your scene back then.

Anyway, I disabled the promote and to force the dopnet to evaluate the geo I turned on Solve on Creation Frame and voila it works. Even then turned off that checkbox again and still working. Also transform pieces sop works.