[REDSHIFT]FBX Import Helper

Atom

On 5/31/2019 at 3:18 PM, Butachan said:

Hi Everyone, I "expanded" and changed the solution by Atom and Delda a bit

The script now expect you to select the SHOP network node created by the fbx importer. It then creates MAT network at obj level with the same name as the selected SHOP network node and then I use ATOM function to create the redshift shaders inside it.... 

Nico.

fbxMat2RSMat.py

Hello Dear ButaChan !  & Dearest ATOM  !
Have to Thank you Deeply So much for your FBX to Redshift materials Converter ! 

I was Spending Days , Weeks ! Just to Convert materials ... NOW ITS JUST One CLICK of a Button ! 

Thanks so much to you ! 

PS: i Dont understand Much of Scripting ... But ITS POSSIBLE Somehow Adapt This SCRIPT to RENDERMAN PxrSurface ? 
Arnold, Vray , Octane ... WOuld be so Cool ! Even if its Just the Basic  5 PBR Maps ( Difuse / Normals Bump / Metalicity / Roughness / Opacity  ) 

Can SOMEONE Please Explain us How We can Reuse and ADAPT  this SCript to Convert FBX to  RENDERMAN, ARNOLD Shader Parameters ? ...
Can Please Someone TRY and Give us Some Example ?  

THANK YOU DEEPLY SO MUCH ! 

Deat ATOM and BUTACHAN  You were Saviors ! 

Wishing Most Happy Artistic Days to all you ! 

__
RUBI

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/4/2019 at 11:01 PM, Delda said:

I did as you said, creating a texture folder named 'Oratory' in the same folder where the hip file is saved. Then I double checked --

For the absolute version (no matter opting for Keep Absolute or Convert to Relative), the texture path in the RS Texture filename field after running the script is something like this:

Z:\Groupes-cours\NAND211-H19-N01\Partage\Hyperbolic-Space\PROJETS_3D\HOUDINI\Oratory.fbm/texture19.jpg

The script created a folder /Oratory.fbm on my drive which contains the texture maps. Notice that their names no longer start with _auto_. The slash after the folder /Oratory.fbm is a backslash whereas those after this folder are forward slashes. I guess this is because I am running Houdini on Windows 10. I changed a number of backslash to forward slash, but still could not see any texture being rendered by Redshift.

As for the relative version, the Filename is of the form Oratory/_auto_52.jpg, but when I clicked on the arrow next to the path, it sometimes points to the correct /Oratory folder, some other times it points to a non-existing folder whose name is of the form:

Z:/Groupes-cours/NAND211-H19-N01/Partage/Hyperbolic-Space/PROJETS_3D/HOUDINI/Oratory/Oratory/Oratory

The number of times the string /Oratory repeats varies. 

For this version of FBX, Redshift failed to render the textures too.

I guess not having the second material node with the pink render flag is what makes Redshift incapable of loading materials properly, yet I cannot think of any reason why the script should generate it for you but not for me ...

I am running the Education Edition of Houdini 17.0459 and Redshift with educational license on Windows 10 in school.

At home I have Houdini Apprentice 17.5.229 and Redshift demo on Mac OS 10.14.4. Each time I run the script, an error message always pops up, saying:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "FBX importer", line 235, in <module>
  File "FBX importer", line 211, in groupByFBXMaterials
  File "FBX importer", line 16, in createRedshiftImageMapMaterial
  File "/Applications/Houdini/Houdini17.5.229/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/houpythonportion/ui.py", line 850, in decorator
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Houdini/Houdini17.5.229/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/hou.py", line 8510, in createNode
    return _hou.Node_createNode(*args, **kwargs)
OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Invalid node type name

Did you find any way to solve this? Im struggling with the same problem. The code generates the RS Material nodes, but inside, the Texture node, has the wrong directory. 

RSerror.jpg

• 5 months later...