Motion Vectors...

hoknamahn

Hi guys.

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate a motion vectors in scene where all geometry is static (relatively to the world coordinate system) but the camera is moving. Seems logically to calculate a camera velocity and copy it to all points in my scene. But I see at least one problem - this method can't give me velocities dependent on the distance _from_current_point_ to camera and this method don't take account of the parallax effect. So I try to divide velocities by distance to camera. But I'm not sure is it good idea... Maybe better to use the square of distance?

Any suggestions?

Why don't you use the trace-SOP set to Compute Velocities? All you have to do is object merge your scene into a coordinate system, that moves with your camera and apply the trace-SOP. Take a look at the scene I attached. I hope I understood your problem right :-)

Unfortunately I may not attach any file to this message. I always get the error:

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."

So I've put it to the webspace of my universtity: http://www9.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/Per...mputation.hipnc

Why don't you use the trace-SOP set to Compute Velocities? All you have to do is object merge your scene into a coordinate system, that moves with your camera and apply the trace-SOP. Take a look at the scene I attached. I hope I understood your problem right :-)

Unfortunately I may not attach any file to this message. I always get the error:

So I've put it to the webspace of my universtity: http://www9.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/Per...mputation.hipnc

27071[/snapback]

Arrhh, of course keep it simple! Thanks :lol: