whats the differences between using constriant network and apply relationships to construct constriant

pisces

i am personally interested in setting up wire constriant using old apply relationships method, i am curious about the efficency and other aspects compared to constriant network, did someone already test it in some big projects, could you please share the experience, thanks a lot!!!

everyone who had to create complex constraint network relationships in the past remembers how painful and slow it was to use Apply Relationship method, while powerful at the time it was surpassed by Constraint Network which took the ideas behind common Apply Relationship constraint setups (that usually involved lines with attribs representing constraints in SOPs) and generalized it into fast, powerful and easy to use workflow

so nowadays don't think twice and use Constraint Network for any complex constraint relationships

of course you can still use Apply Relationship to create any other relationships if needed, however I haven't had a need for that in a very long time

• 5 months later...
On 29/9/2018 at 7:51 PM, anim said:

everyone who had to create complex constraint network relationships in the past remembers how painful and slow it was to use Apply Relationship method, while powerful at the time it was surpassed by Constraint Network which took the ideas behind common Apply Relationship constraint setups (that usually involved lines with attribs representing constraints in SOPs) and generalized it into fast, powerful and easy to use workflow

so nowadays don't think twice and use Constraint Network for any complex constraint relationships

of course you can still use Apply Relationship to create any other relationships if needed, however I haven't had a need for that in a very long time

interesting but what do you think about networks where you need all nodes influencing other nodes,   i mean  apply rel  works in all posible directions of influence, but what about constraint networks on that aspect?